triumph parts sources

Had a good experience with a company/ebay seller? Found a handy website? Post a link, with a description here. Need to know where to mend wax cotton jackets? (ahem...) Spares for your Bantam? If you can't find it here, post a request.
Hooli

Re: triumph parts sources

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:47 pm

When I used to go in, the staff had been dealing with Triumphs since being a dealer & knew the bikes inside out.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Nostromo

Unread post by Nostromo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:01 pm

so what do you reckon to the shafts on those valves? They just look a bit pitted to me - or is it just me?

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

They don't look perfectly smooth do they?

I'd ring them & ask, if you can. I know they told me they didn't sell parts they wouldn't be happy using themselves. I trust the shop & will use them when I finally rebuild my Bonnie, but I do agree the pics don't look great for those valves.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Nostromo

Unread post by Nostromo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Hooli - thanks for your reply - sorry for the tardy reply - been away on hols. Anyway I've posed a question to them via ebay and await their reply - I'll post back with their response.

Cheers

Nostromo

Unread post by Nostromo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm

well... let's just say that after a somewhat less than helpful and rather terse response I'll be looking elsewhere I think. Been looking at http://www.montysclassicmotorcycles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; who are not a million miles away from me so I'll be giving them a try - least you can drop in and chat.

johnr

Unread post by johnr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 pm

ive used tri-supply a few tmes. the guy has an encyclopedic knowlege of the marque, and spent a while talking me through what i needed to fix my 61 t100a, not trying to sell me stuff, but just going through the details of the small parts i needed. he wouldnt sell me stuff first of all, he said i should get a parts book then look my bike up and see how it all goes together. when i ordered he even knew part numbers that had been superceded by other numbers on obscure gearbox bits and he seemed more interested in making sure i got the right bits and knew how to fit them than how much i was spending. i found him a pleasant reminder of how bike shops used to be. i will use him again for sure.

jimmy

Unread post by jimmy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 pm

very good to know johnr