Ardingly Classic Bike Show/Autojumble 24th October 2010

Bike shows, road runs, any bike related events-post here
spitfiregoggles

Ardingly Classic Bike Show/Autojumble 24th October 2010

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:13 am

What it says! At the South of England Showground, Ardingly, West Sussex.
The one in March was a good day out.......details here:
http://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/#rye" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mighty Gusset

Re: Ardingly Classic Bike Show/Autojumble 24th October 2010

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 pm

A bit of a trek for a day out.
As I have no wish to move back Daaaaarn Saaaarf I possibly need a bigger faster bike.
I'll have to go and look at old choo-choo's instead.

Mrs ELK

Unread post by Mrs ELK » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Spitfire Goggles,
Nice to meet you yesterday, always good to put a name to a face. Sorry I'm not a very good forumateer, as I said, I tend to dot around too much to put enough effort in.
I was really pleased with the show & jumble, the only problem with organising these events is you never get a chance for a good look round yourself. Still I did manage a little shopping expedition meself for once.... (set of swing-arm bushes for my A10, really nice claxon from Rick Parkington's stall, poster of 'Old Miracle' for 50p plus a couple of books (including an old edition of m/c and how to damage them, sans cover but appears complete), some degreaser, footrest rubbers for the Velocette, set of Triumph chaincases for a long-term project, sew-on patch 'Purple Babe' for the dogsitter... think that was it...this is getting like that telly programme with Bruce Forsyth!) but forgot to buy any raffle tickets for the lovely A65!

spitfiregoggles

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:45 am

I enjoyed the show thoroughly, but then I always do! Wasn't looking for any bits in particular, but still managed to find some brake parts for the MZ.
There were some lovely bikes there, and nice laid-back atmosphere......and as usual I got nattering to people on arrival and it took at least half an hour to escape from the bike park. I don't tend to post much about the bikes as all I can really do at the moment is keep the one that's on the road going.....a little matter of nowhere to work on anything, though hopefully that will change.
All the best, see you in the spring....assuming I am not at work!