Cornwall Weekend

Bike shows, road runs, any bike related events-post here
ClassicMcNut
Wise Font Of All Bantam Knowledge

Cornwall Weekend

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:39 pm

I've started this as a new posting so everyone can see it in case they haven't opened up on the previous events posting.
I've spoken to a friend of mine that has a small camp site between Cubert and Holywell Bay just outside Newquay. He opens up Easter which is the 10th,11th, 12th and 13th April and has bookings for then HOWEVER he is happy to let us use his site on the two following weekends which are the 18th and 19th OR the 25th, 26th April. The site is a small site but has toilet blocks and electrical hookups if anyone is coming with a caravan or camper.I can also lay on a largish tent for a meeting/bar tent (bring yer own poison). There are two pubs within reasonable walking distance or I can arrange transport in the evenings, good pub food and the beer isn't bad. St Austell Brewery is the local brew.
I've also arranged a trip out to St Agnes for a tour of my other mates bike/WW2 collection/ Museum for either the Sat afternoon, or the Sunday whichever is the most convenient. As any of you that have been down this far in Cornwall know there are some great rideouts all the way down to Lands End and it will be a case of please yourselves where you want to ride to, either individually, in pairs or as a group.
I have to ask that if you are interested please let me know the dates that are the most convenient for you and I will choose the date that the most will be able to attend on.
Price of camping is yet to be established but I know the charges aren't high on this site.
Okay so now it's down to you, just let me know for DEFINATE, barring unexpected events, if you wish to come and what date. I'll be happy if you say either date is okay, however I reckon to make it worthwhile we do need at least 10 wanting to attend.
I'll make sure a trailer is available in the event of a breakdown and with all the biking talent that will be available I'm sure any problems can be fixed.
Over to you
:roll:

The Mighty Gusset

Re: Cornwall Weekend

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:58 pm

It's a bit early in the year for me, I was expecting a date around September time !
But hopefully you'll get a bunch of folks down there McNutto, and then have another one later in the year !
It'd be nice to get some regular gatherings of Forum Folk going.

ClassicMcNut

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm

If these dates are too early in the year i can arrange something for later in the year, just let me know ASAP so I can arrange things
:|

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm in if we get the numbers, either weekend.

sfb

Unread post by sfb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Sounds a really good weekend but I won't be able to make it - will have Rhys the first weekend so would have to come in the car (which would upset me!) and will be at the Stafford Show the second weekend.

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:20 pm

just noticed i've said yes to a weekend in wales on another forum to see mates ive not seen in years.
looks like later in the year would be a good plan el-nutto.

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 pm

How about a date around the early/late May Bank Holidays. It's before the schools break up so minimum of other tourists and the weather is likely to be better (even if its just warmer rain :D ). Also longer than ordinary weekends so more time to enjoy and more daylight to boot.

Cheers Zunspec

ClassicMcNut

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:54 pm

I'm booked into two different shows in early May .... also the site will have other campers on it from the may bank holiday and even though the owner isn't worried about a bunch of Hell's angels turning up, he is happy for us to have the site to ourselves
:|

ClassicMcNut

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm going to postpone the meeting in April till later on in the year. Too many have prior engagements and I've had a few E Mails to say they like the idea but it's at the wrong time for them due to other commitments, so not to worry, I'll try and get a date after the kids school summer holidays when we can have a weekend to ourselves.
:)

Velton

Unread post by Velton » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks McNut!
Family commitments in April would exclude me from both the proposed dates.
(And it is a few more months in which to get my bike finished! :lol: )