Eddie

Cassington Bike Night Cancelled

Unread post by Eddie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Another victory for elf and safety
http://www.bmrco.org.uk/page3.html

Hooli

Re: Cassington Bike Night Cancelled

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Hang on, it's public roads. What's to stop everyone just happening to ride there anyway? it's not the club's 'fault' then.
Classics ain't built in Metric

mervin

Unread post by mervin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 pm

I think summat similar happened at the Red Lion at Avebury last year, possibly the old bill sticking their unwanted noses in there though, and the landlord announced he had to stop the bike nights but all bikers where welcome whenever they wished to come,
merv
classic japbikefest 2 http://www.vjmc.com/japbikefest/

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 am

The Cassington bike night started off as a small local bike event in a pub car park and over the years grew into an event with thousands attending.
Perhaps they should have kept it to what it started off as.
As soon as you get 'thousands' of people converging on one spot, the you're going to come to the attentions of the authorities.
If you then try to 'organise' it into a major 'event' then they are going to expect you to police it properly with regard to the safety, not only of those attending, but also anyone who might also be affected.
I used to go the a similar bike night (The Waterman, Hatton). I stopped going after the police cracked down on it, mainly because the actions of a few idiots, who insisted on performing 'stunts' on the busy main road outside the pub, and using the surrounding roads as a race track.
I wasn't really that sorry to have an excuse not to go - standing around in a pub carpark looking at lots of bikes all the same and watching the power rangers sweating in their one piece race leathers is only entertaining the first couple of times.