Charity Weekend - Bikes needed

Bike shows, road runs, any bike related events-post here
bombardier

Charity Weekend - Bikes needed

Unread post by bombardier » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi all i am helping to organise a charity weekend for all things to do with transport on the 2ndf and 3rd may 2009 at Stoke prior club Wychbold nr Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.
We have got already a number of cars,trucks, steam tractors and we would like some more vintage and classic bikes.
there will be camping on the sat night with live music from 3 bands and a pig roast !
ALL the proceeds are going to local charities and last year we raised over £13000 for St Richards hospice.
If you would more info drop me an email at chris@chrisbrooks1.wanadoo.co.uk and i can send you some entry forms .
Many thanks and i hope to see at what should be a good weekend.

The Mighty Gusset

Re: Charity Weekend - Bikes needed

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:33 am

Good Luck Chris !

Any more info on what is planned for the weekend, and what charities will benefit ?

bombardier

Re: Charity Weekend - Bikes needed

Unread post by bombardier » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi thanks for the reply,the weekend is being organised by myself and a few others, this is the first year we have tried this we are all classic bike , scooter or truck fans and hopefully it will be an annual event.
We all work for DHL distribution in Droitwich and the charities are mainly local and small ,homeless shelter,local drop in centre for adults with learning disabilities,local school and a main charity of which maybe ' Help for heroes'.
We have organised custom trucks(ice road truck and formula one paint jobs) classic car clubs,classic bikes(but we need more !!! ) one or two showman engines (full size) and scale versions, military displays,firebrigade,police,1940's display and hopefully a fashion show (that's my wardrobe then ) aswell as side shows and hopefully some trade stands.
Sounds good i might go myself !!!!!!!!
If you or anybody else are interested please send me an email with your contact address to chris@chrisbrooks1.wanadoo.co.uk and i can send off forms etc.
many thanks, chris.