Start a new forum section titled "Masterclass"

No, not "Greenbat you useless bastard" comments. Instead, any helpful suggestions, bugs, ideas etc. I have very little (i.e, none) experience with forum running, so help is very much appreciated
BenG

Start a new forum section titled "Masterclass"

Unread post by BenG » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 pm

All the "Masterclass" stickies in the technical section would look really great in their own special section. I am sure in short time they will fill a whole web-page up anyway, they are already half-way there!

The Mighty Gusset

Re: Start a new forum section titled "Masterclass"

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, we could probably do that !
Or at least make a sub-forum within the Tech section.

Triton Thrasher

Master class and how things work

Unread post by Triton Thrasher » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I think it's time to remove the redundant seven threads at the top of this forum.

BenG

Unread post by BenG » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Hey I have an idea!

All the "Masterclass" stickies in the technical section would look really great in their own special section. I am sure in short time they will fill a whole web-page up anyway, they are already half-way there!

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Somebody should probably do that !

kerrn

Unread post by kerrn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Masterclass definitely needs its own forum. I was about to post just this suggestion when I saw this one. When I first saw the masterclass threads I was most impressed. Anyone who has half a brain, some decent tools and the guts to give it a go can do anything. After all... If someone else can make it why can't you. The best way to learn is to give it a go and if someone can share their tips and gotchas all the better. My favourite bikes are the ones with customised bits on them. Can't buy those bits anywhere. But you can make them and folks will ask "Where did you buy that?" but for all the money they have they'll never buy the home done ones. Sure some are shit but hey give it another go and you'll get it right and in the end you can share in a masterclass. My philosophy is thus.. If I had enough money I could do anything, but the people with enough money seem to do shit. It's not really yours if you just paid someone to do it for you. Know every nut and bolt on your bike and it will never let you down. (And if it does at least you'll know how to fix it.)

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I really do agree.
Perhaps one of the Rockerators would like to sort it ?

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 pm

I appear to have lost the power to do new forums. Might have fell out me pocket on the way to Lancashire :?

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:27 pm

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9tL5DPkpg&feature=related]Blimey, seems I do have the power.

[/url]

Hopefully, it is set so that ordinary users can reply to the topics, but not start new ones. If you want to make a masterclass, post in technical advice and those deemed worthy shall be moved. Hopefully.

Though we should perhaps all evacuate the forum for 5 minutes to make sure nothing collapses... :?

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Well Done Young Greeno !
I really did mean to do it myself when it was first suggested, but couldn't be bothered, then when it was suggested again I just got a bit silly.
I think we should move Neville and Johnr's mate's C15 in there as well.