Forum t-shirts? a fund raising idea

No, not "Greenbat you useless bastard" comments. Instead, any helpful suggestions, bugs, ideas etc. I have very little (i.e, none) experience with forum running, so help is very much appreciated
The Mighty Gusset

Re: Forum t-shirts? a fund raising idea

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 am

chilly wrote:Picture of a young Sophia Loren in stockings and suspenders will do me 8-)

Yeah, because she's gone to pot now:

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:15 pm

chilly wrote:Picture of a young Sophia Loren in stockings and suspenders will do me 8-)

wrong sort of classic bike :lol: :lol:
Classics ain't built in Metric

chilly

Unread post by chilly » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Hooli wrote:

wrong sort of classic bike :lol: :lol:

Certainly built for comfort tho :D

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:18 pm

probably turned from a pokey uppy guzzi into a saggy bmw nowdays though :cry:
Classics ain't built in Metric

DAM

Unread post by DAM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Took Gus's artwork into town to get a shirt printed, sadly theres too much detail for his printing setup to cope with.
We'll have to see if the online suppliers can do them.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 pm

DAM wrote:Took Gus's artwork into town to get a shirt printed, sadly theres too much detail for his printing setup to cope with.

That's what I was worried about - Could he not have worked from an 'inverted' version ?
ie. Black on a White background

Also, I can scale it up and cut out some of the definition - that'd make it easier.

DAM

Unread post by DAM » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:31 pm

His software is not as sophisticated as I thought, he'd have to click on every segment and set its colour. it would take forever to do. He has got a contact who could print it out and cut out as a silhouette ready for printing but the cost is more than we wanted to pay.

wlio01

Unread post by wlio01 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:41 am

Is the T-Shirt idea still being considered?
Last edited by wlio01 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:44 am

Possibly ?

jessplop
Location: Lancs. & India & 38,000 ft over the middle east on Air Smirnoff flight 000

Unread post by jessplop » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:13 am

The folk I use for t-shirts will do a small design on the front left tit, and a large design on the back of the shirt, for less than a tenner a shirt (initial uploading fee per design 3.49) The design can be different front and rear. They only do white (pish), grey (somewhat gay, generally) and black (the proper colour [with a "U"] for a t-shirt) and sizes up to XXL (iirc).

A square image of 3000 x 3000 pixels is ideal, as it will be reduced to fit either design area (small front, large rear) and I do believe they can do photographs, so details shouldn't be lost.

Apart from the "iron-on" feel and look of the printed area, which soon goes away after a few washes, I think the t-shirts can look good, so long as the image background is black, to suit the t-shirt fabric.

I'm having a couple of new "yeti-monster" ones printed shortly (with the new "eclipse" logo) and I'll probably have a "Hardley- Ferguson" one done too.
If there is enough interest, I may well have some made up for the impromtu bash as well.