Classic recipes

Does what it says on the tin !
Quite simply The Best Pub on the Interweb !
Real BEER, Great Grub, and a Free Jukebox - What more could you want ?
The Mighty Gusset

Re: Classic recipes

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

How to make a Perfect Poached Egg

Forget all that swirly water, with or without salt or vinegar.
Buy a Poachpod :
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/pack-of ... ods-108054

Grease it with a little bit of butter, break an egg into it, bung it in about an inch of lightly boiling water (just enough so that the pod can't sink) , bung a lid on the pan and leave for about 7 minutes.
Just enough time to make and butter some nice......

Perfect !

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok, everyone loves Yorkshire Puds, and everyone has their own recipe.
I've been making them for years, mainly by edumacated guesswork, but lately I've been looking for a foolproof, easy to remember recipe.
I reckon this might just be it.

To my mind it looks a bit too milky, and not quite eggy enough, but I've tested it a few times now, and it definitely works

Gus's Perfect Yorkshire Pudding Recipe :

Take a cup, or mug, and measure exactly the same quantity of each :
(1/2 a cup will take 2-3 eggs and make 6-8 individual puds)
Eggs
Plain Flour
Whole Milk

Bung in a bowl, season with a good pinch of salt and black pepper
Whisk together until smooth
Bung in the fridge for a couple of hours.

When your roast is ready to come out of the oven, whack the dial up to 200C and bung in your Yorkshire pudding tins, liberally coated in Olive Oil, Lard or Goose Fat and leave them for a good 10 minutes until the fat is smoking hot.
Give the batter a bit of a stir, just to make sure it hasn't seperated out, then pour into the tins - do not more than 1/2 fill each one.
Cook for 15 mins.
Job Done !

If you turn the oven off when they are done, then they won't brown much more, but will crisp up a bit - this is optional.
You can also add herbs and stuff appropriate to whatever you are having then with.
Sage and Thyme work with Chicken or Pork, Rosemary works with Lamb, Mustard Powder with Beef - just add it to the batter mix.

quicksilver

Unread post by quicksilver » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am

I made some spicy carrot and parsnip soup earlier after following whats on here and adapting it, I must say it is bloody lovely and Im sure the lads at work will appreciate the pot of it i'm taking in for them to warm up!

SMIFFY R

Unread post by SMIFFY R » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 am

Dead cheap fry-up!!Lidle's bacon an' egg sarnie wiv Swedish bread,few mins in the fryin' pan till the bread goes brown..'Kin Tasty!!...Yum f*ckin Yum :D
Go to Heaven for the climate....Hell for the company