Bournemouth Bantams!

Classic Bike Forum's very own Bantam Guru dispenses expert advice on all things Bantam related.
dandabbler

Bournemouth Bantams!

Unread post by dandabbler » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello folks, berore I get really cross and send yet another chase-up email, I thought I'd just check that they hadn't gone out of business or the owner had died or something.

I ordered casing screws and headstock bearings from him. The screws I got but there were no bearings. I fired off an email and got a reply on 5th august this year apologising and promising to send them on. I recieved nothing so emailed again politely on the 31st (allowing enough time given they are based in France which I didn't realise untill the package arrived) and have received nothing back since. Summmer has been filled with other stuff so I haven't been in the garage, but now I need to crack on again.
Have i made a school boy error in using this company (I can hear you all tutting)?

So can someone recommend me a firm who are definately going to send me my parts AND reply to correspondence?

Thanks

dandabbler

Iand

Re: Bournemouth Bantams!

Unread post by Iand » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm

I find T&G in Milton Keynes very helpful
1960 lambretta Li125 sold; 2001 Honda CG125 sold; 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sold; 1980 Kawasaki Z500 sold; 1967 BSA Bantam D10; 2008 Aprilia Shiver sold; 2010 KTM Duke 690R; 1954 BSA Bantam; 1980ish Kawasaki Z200

Buckinghamshire, UK

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Gah! Wrote a reply this morning, must've forgotten to hit send.
Bournemouth bantams were OK, last time (THE last time) I used them was a different matter. Woman on phone had no clue about what I was ordering (B175 fork legs), when they finally arrived they were awful. Made by T Wassells, another name I'd avoid.
T&G autos are excellent, bloke is always happy to answer questions too. 01908 579799. Pretty much had that on speeddial during last stages of the bantam rebuild.

dandabbler

Unread post by dandabbler » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 pm

OK Thanks folks, I'm sure summer is hectic for everyone so perhaps they shut for the summer or something. I'll try T & G

dan

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Bantam john :lol:

<runs off giggling>
Classics ain't built in Metric

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:38 am

Hooli wrote:Bantam john :lol:

<runs off giggling>

Which leads us onto the most useful piece of advice anyone can have-don't take much notice of Hooli :lol:

lazybandittattoo

Unread post by lazybandittattoo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:09 pm

As I understand it Bournemouth Bantams have changed hands recently. The fella who is running it now seems pretty switched on and is a regular on the bantam owners club forum.

I bought some cylinder barrel carb flange studs last week from him and he not only sent them promptly but was friendly, polite, was able to advise me on the correct threads and spec etc.

He seems like a good bloke. I would encourage you to give him a chance.

All the best

Tony.

FastFrank

Unread post by FastFrank » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:09 am

Bantam John.... Hooli I can't get my breath mate... I hope that part of Sheffield opens up and swallows the ******* **** hole!
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen!

lazybandittattoo

Unread post by lazybandittattoo » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I have heard terrible things about the service from Bantam John. I have never bought from him and he does seem to have a lot of bits that other places seem not to have. I'm loathe to use him though purely on the fact that EVERYBODY who has seems to have had a bad experience ranging from rudeness to unauthorised transactions on the credit card details they provided. I intend to stay well away from this chap.

FastFrank

Unread post by FastFrank » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:54 pm

A very wise move mate!
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen!