Bournemouth Bantams!

Classic Bike Forum's very own Bantam Guru dispenses expert advice on all things Bantam related.
Hooli

Re: Bournemouth Bantams!

Unread post by Hooli » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 pm

FastFrank wrote:Bantam John.... Hooli I can't get my breath mate... I hope that part of Sheffield opens up and swallows the ******* **** hole!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's roughly what I've heard about it, hence i was laughing.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Bournemouth bantams

Unread post by Bournemouth bantams » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Just to confirm things. Bournemouth Bantams is under new ownership, I purchased the business from Kevin in October last year (2011) and moved the operation back to the UK.

I am currently in the process of increasing the stock holdings, as you can appreciate this is a bit of a suck it and see situation as I have no real idea of the sales volume of some of the items.

Some of you may have come across me in the past. I have been involved with British Two Strokes for a number of years within the British Two Stroke Club as well as being a formar committee member of the BSA Bantam club. I am still active within both of these clubs, being the Dating officer for the Bantam club (that does not mean I arrange meetings for lonley club members).

Any one can get hold of me through my web site, no minimum order value, or through the contact details listed in the club magazines. I am happy to answer queries if I can, no preasure to buy as I prefer to see the old bikes on the road rather than sat in a garage.

Keep on stroking.
Howard Blakeborough
Owner of Bournemouth Bantams. Various Two stroke machines. 1963 BSA Trail Bronc, 1963 Francis Barnett cruiser 80, BSA C11G, BSA C10L, and to my shame Honda 750 VFR

sfb

Unread post by sfb » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice to hear from you, Howard !

Please tell us about the BSA Trail Bronc ? :)

lazybandittattoo

Unread post by lazybandittattoo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I received the carburettor flange studs I ordered from Howard at Bournemouth Bantams within a few days of placing the order. Friendly service, Fast shipping over a busy holiday period and the quality of the parts was very good. I'm happy and would not hesitate to recommend Bournemouth Bantams.

Bournemouth bantams

Unread post by Bournemouth bantams » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:36 am

Trail bronc was one of theose "what do you want for your birthady comments" SHMBO has not learnt yet that if you ask a silly question you get a silly answer.
Not the first time I have had a wreck for a present, did try it on her onc, told her I had bought something red and Italian, she seem very disapointed when I showed her a 1958 Motto Guzzi Zigalo, even when I told her she would be able to ride it as it was only 110cc so ok for a learner.

The trail was advertised on a well known auction site as a failed atempt at a trials Bantam. Not sure how many others are road registered I have not seen another, I know of at least 5 others in the country but none that are registered.
curb side resized.jpg
off side resized.jpg
sorry about the picture quality but they were taken with a flash at night.
Last time I took it out (boxing day Whickham square Meet) I found out the hard way what happens when you don't have a front mudguard. teach me for trying to keep it as original as pos.

Howard

sfb

Unread post by sfb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 am

I like that. Have you still got the Zigolo ?

jimmy

Unread post by jimmy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 am

sfb wrote:I like that. Have you still got the Gigalo ?

Zigolo, Haze, Zigolo, dont let your mind wander :D

Bournemouth bantams

Unread post by Bournemouth bantams » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Yes but it is in boxes, yet another project which will one day be at the top of the list. this was when I first bought it.
Another Bantam aquired today so it goes one down again.
Attachments
Bantam - Copy.JPG
zigolo on trailer.JPG
Owner of Bournemouth Bantams. Various Two stroke machines. 1963 BSA Trail Bronc, 1963 Francis Barnett cruiser 80, BSA C11G, BSA C10L, and to my shame Honda 750 VFR

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 pm

What's the red one BB, looks interesting

Bournemouth bantams

Unread post by Bournemouth bantams » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:23 pm

The red one is the 1958 Motto Guzzi Zigolo 110cc two stroke.
One of my future projects, when I get bored with the British Twostrokes

"H"