Lester Wheels repair

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
jem

Re: Lester Wheels repair

Unread post by jem » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Will post some over the weekend mate

jem

Unread post by jem » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Here's one for starters.

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:19 am

Morning Jem,

The Z900 looks very smart in those colours. Do you get to ride it much, it appears to be an eminently practical classic. I bought one brand spanking new in 1976 which brought me a lot of pleasure during that long hot summer. It was pretty cool to be 20 years old on (arguably) the flashiest bike on the market, if you had an empty pillion and carried a spare helmet :D .

(click to em-bigger)

Sorry they are the only 2 photos I have of the bike (Photographer landlord let me off a weeks rent for borrowing the Z for a photo shoot)

Cheers Zunspec
Last edited by Zunspec on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:22 pm

My Poor Eyes !

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 pm

The Mighty Gusset wrote:My Poor Eyes !
A classic double knocker :lol: , talking about the bike of course ;)

jem

Unread post by jem » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Was your Z the green? nice pics, did the lady come as part of the deal?

I dont get out on the Z anywhere near as much as I would like on account of work commitments and the good old British weather, had more than enough of getting cold and wet in my younger years, I got it MOT'd last week after it sitting in the garden under a tarp for the last two years soI will be out on it as much as I can before winter sets in.

I really would like to get them Lesters on it though, I bought them on ebay and paid over the odds for them so you can imagine how Pi***d I was to see the state of the rear drum.

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi jem,

Yes, mine was an "Emerald Green" version. It mutated into a Piper Kawasaki, but I got enough laughs on that one already from our fellow forumeers :D

Don't give up on the repair to the Lester. You need to find a shop that might come across this type of damage and have a pet engineering works that can do the work. Outfits that restore cars might be worth phoning.

Cheers Zunspec

supersix

Unread post by supersix » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Z1B? Z1 DD more like! I pothole and they'd been out to join us :twisted: Nice bikeBTW! lol

jem

Unread post by jem » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Just saw this post again after 5 years, I don't have the lovely old Z any longer, after being made redundant in 2010 I let it go because I couldn't afford to keep it on the road and I didn't use it enough any way.
However I now have a 1997 1200 Bandit, nice enough bike and in mint condition but I do miss that old Z900, my best mate now owns it (for the second time as I bought it from him in the late 90's as a heap) but I have not seen it since he took it away as he lives miles away from me. Oh1 and I still have the pair of Lesters in the shed and the rear brake drum is still buggered.