Wiring my Tiger 59 110 is doing my brain in!

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
DerryUK

Re: Wiring my Tiger 59 110 is doing my brain in!

Unread post by DerryUK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:18 pm

<If you live near Crowthorne Berkshire I would very much appreciate a hand. A bottle of whiskey is on offer for your trouble! HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP !!!!!!>
snip

Tiger110

Unread post by Tiger110 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Thanks EVERYONE for your help so far. I'll print off what has been suggested and hope that one or several suggestions made will cure the problem. If you don't hear from me then you can assume that I have electrocuted myself !!!
P.S. ..... it's started raining again.

Thanks again guys ... and safe riding! ............ Clive

trophy

Unread post by trophy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:56 am

a bulb needs a positive and negative feed to operate.the negative feed comes from the switch.on old brit bikes instead of running a separate wire to each component for the positive feed it is connected to the frame which becomes the positive wire ie earth.
as I said before this is not ideal because paint and rust can prevent a good contact which is why all modern cars and bikes have a separate earth wire to all components.hope this simplifies things.

Tiger110

Unread post by Tiger110 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi All ...... I think I've sussed it. I ran a separate wire from the Positive on the battery direct to the rear light and IT WORKS and also the brake light! I then checked the fuse with the Wassell Regulator (which kept blowing!) but ran it direct from the regulator to Earth on the battery rather than via the ammeter. Still OK. Then it occurred to me that with the rear mudguard being fibreglass (a good copy as new steel mudguards are approx. £1000.00 a pair if you can get them!) there was no earth to the rear light. So anyone fitting a fibreglass rear mudguard beware! .... thanks again all for your advice which I have taken on board for future reference ... happy days!

Clive