Bantam D14 B175 Clutch Basket End Float.

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
nickjaxe

Bantam D14 B175 Clutch Basket End Float.

Unread post by nickjaxe » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi guys...today I was going to rebuild my Bantam D14 clutch basket with a new center brass/bronze bush...on fitting it I find I have around 1mm of up/down end float on the basket...with a small amount of side to side rocking which I think is ok.

Its the up/down end float I am bothered about...I am wondering if I should take a bit off the brass/steel inner bush to get the end float a bit a bit less.

Nick.

hondapartsman

Re: Bantam D14 B175 Clutch Basket End Float.

Unread post by hondapartsman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:57 am

Sorry Nick, I know nothing about bantams and it seems not many people come on here anymore. I don't do facebook myself, maybe you do? I hate to suggest it as I want to try to keep this forum alive a bit, but it might be worth trying the Real Classic crowd I understand that it's where things aeree buzzing. If you don't do facebook there used to be a forum type thing linked to the real classic website, I popped in a time or two myself but it's more British bikes than the sort of thing I have to do with. I assume you've tried googling or whatever to see if you can get any information.
My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/63994217@N08/
I'm like my regular ride, old battered and bit leaky, but still going.
http://notabikeramotorcyclist.weebly.com/

nickjaxe

Re: Bantam D14 B175 Clutch Basket End Float.

Unread post by nickjaxe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:33 pm

I will take a look there...thank you...Real Classic Crowd...is that the name of the web site??

Nick.