Sidecar chassis plans

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
Looper

Sidecar chassis plans

Unread post by Looper » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi all. Would anyone have an idea where I could get get my hands on plans for building a sidecar chassis? I can't find the right sidecar here in Ireland and would like to build my own. I'm an experienced welder/fabricator but don't want to have to reinvent the wheel by coming up with my own design and measurements. Any thoughts welcome. Cheers.

Hooli

Re: Sidecar chassis plans

Unread post by Hooli » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 am

First hit on google http://www.steves-workshop.co.uk/vehicl ... index.html

I've not read it all though.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Looper

Unread post by Looper » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks Hooli, I saw this one, and it is a very good build. Not what I need though. Too unnecessarily complicated and quite BMW specific. Just looking for a basic set up. Flat chassis to bolt a body on to and mounting points for a Brit single. I could maybe adapt his design but I would like to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks again. :D

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Ahh well, I can't help then :lol:
Classics ain't built in Metric

johnr

Unread post by johnr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:13 am

ive got a panther sidecar chassis that i am going to sell, its the one with the adjustable camber that you can alter the bikes lean in/out by pulling a lever. very clever idea, but ive just bought a rigid chassis to fit to my rigid bsa.

Looper

Unread post by Looper » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks johnr. I would be very interested, but unless you're in Ireland I don't know how I'd get it from you. The cost of shipping from the UK would soak up too much of my budget. Thanks again.

johnr

Unread post by johnr » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 am

well thats a problem, but never say never. if you know anyone who is coming across to england on the ferry, i am pretty close to heysham terminal, and my work takes me frequently to liverpool, so thats 2 of the 4 main ferry terminals to ireland that i could take it to if you wanted it.