Masterclasses - Please Read - and give Feedback !

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
The Mighty Gusset

Masterclasses - Please Read - and give Feedback !

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:15 am

Here we go !
What I am proposing, is that we start a series of articles, giving clear, step by step, guides on how to do stuff to your bike.
With lots of lovely before, after and during photos.
I'd considered it before, in fact I suggested back in the Bunker, that McNut could do one on brush painting frames.
Now that we have our own permanent place, such stuff seems like an even better idea.

What do you think ?

NeilD

Re: Masterclasses - Please Read - and give Feedback !

Unread post by NeilD » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 am

yep good idea, be best if we try to keep to one topic per thread so that the relevent bits are eay to find in future..?
Last edited by NeilD on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 am

Oh yeah.
Each Masterclass would have it's own thread.
And they would probably be locked.
Debates on the 'classes could have a separate thread, and the class itself could only be updated by Admin, using info taken from the debates.

triumph5ta

Unread post by triumph5ta » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am

Good idea.
May I suggest
Cylinder head rebuild inc lapping in valves, new spring etc. I will be rebuilding mine in the coming months and can provide a load of pics before during and after....

stogadog

Unread post by stogadog » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:35 pm

That would be a great idea. I spent bloody ages last week doing the head on a Bullet that me and a firend bought as a project and made a total pigs ear of doing the valves. Master class ahoy!

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:42 pm

triumph5ta wrote:Good idea.
May I suggest
Cylinder head rebuild inc lapping in valves, new spring etc. I will be rebuilding mine in the coming months and can provide a load of pics before during and after....

Hell Yes !

I anticipate something a bit like you'd find in a Haynes Manual - only accurate and useful !

chilly

Unread post by chilly » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Hows about a "Bodgers Master Class" as well,i wouldn't find that quite so intimidating as setting meself up as Masterclass type person :ugeek: ;)

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 pm

chilly wrote:Hows about a "Bodgers Master Class" as well,i wouldn't find that quite so intimidating as setting meself up as Masterclass type person :ugeek: ;)

I'm the same as you.
I figure that the general 'Technical Advice' section will probably fit that bill.
That and 'Show Us Yours' !

What I'd like to see though is a section showing folks how it Should be Done - and how to do it yourself.

I see this as a long term plan - I thought about it before, but while we were in limbo it didn't seem worth mentioning.
Now we are Permanent I have a whole host of ideas bubbling away !

chilly

Unread post by chilly » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Yep!! Go for it Gus,it certainly isn't going to do any harm to the site,only enhance it in my view 8-) .

Hunter

Unread post by Hunter » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:17 pm

What happens when Mr P decides that we're talking bo**ocks and steps in to put us right :oops: :oops:

Maybe not use the wording "Masterclass" eh!