Masterclasses - Please Read - and give Feedback !

Has your Voskhod broke again? Suffering dodgy Italian electrics? Post your tales of woe here. Or ask odd questions about the rear wheel spacer on a Vincent Black Widow, should it take your fancy.
The Mighty Gusset

Re: Masterclasses - Please Read - and give Feedback !

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Hunter wrote:What happens when Mr P decides that we,re talking bo**ocks and steps in to put us right :oops: :oops:

We accept his words as Teh Gospel.
Obviously !
Der !!!

oldsteve

Unread post by oldsteve » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:19 am

It’s a good idea, as always the devil is in the detail or rather how much! Somebody with little mechanical knowledge will need greater detail than an experienced fettler so it may be difficult to find the right level of instruction, but hey there’s always the forum to help out if someone overreaches themselves (I’m speaking from experience here)

850norton

Unread post by 850norton » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:03 am

I think that sounds like a damn good idea there. As I know what I do from picking it up over the years and learn by visually seeing something, step by step pictures would be good. And as Steve has mentioned, the forummers can always pitch in with more advice if needed.
You sick little monkey!!!! Holy crap!!!!

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 am

Good idea - I could do with picking up stuff from others.

jessplop
Location: Lancs. & India & 38,000 ft over the middle east on Air Smirnoff flight 000

Unread post by jessplop » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm

I've been doing something similar at work. When an unusual job arises, like the recent umbilical splice or having to cut a profile in a seal for the BOP as we didn't the correct parts, I'll make a photo record of the various stages in order that my relief may use it, should the job need repeating.

Excuse for a piccie.....

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Perhaps we should expand the forum to cover classic oil rigs?
On the other hand, it is a good picture to show someone who is moaning about bike wiring... :D

jessplop
Location: Lancs. & India & 38,000 ft over the middle east on Air Smirnoff flight 000

Unread post by jessplop » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 am

It certainly is a classic, in every meaning of the word. Old, rusty, falling to bits, can't get parts, needs constant maintenance and painting.

Jamie.s

Unread post by Jamie.s » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:35 am

Seen as i'm repainting the ariel again, I could do one for spray painting if any one wants ?
Maybe pooh could do a small bit about welding? as he has much knowlege. (not trying to rope you in to anything pooh) :P

jessplop

Unread post by jessplop » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:10 am

Jamie.s wrote:Seen as i'm repainting the ariel again, I could do one for spray painting if any one wants ?
Maybe pooh could do a small bit about welding? as he has much knowlege. (not trying to rope you in to anything pooh) :P

Not exactly confidence inspiring, that, is it? :roll:

Jamie.s

Unread post by Jamie.s » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:34 am

jessplop wrote:
Jamie.s wrote:Seen as i'm repainting the ariel again, I could do one for spray painting if any one wants ?

Not exactly confidence inspiring, that, is it? :roll:

Only repainting it as the engine had to come out any way, so might as well sort a few minor imperfections out well its apart..... :?
If you think it's not worth me doing one then thats not a problem, I won't waste any of my time bothering, no skin off my nose.