how about a stolen bike/ stolen bits section

Had a bike nicked, or know someone who has ?
List the details in here.
johnr

how about a stolen bike/ stolen bits section

Unread post by johnr » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm

as older and classic bikes are becoming more desirable to the light fingered part of society perhaps a section where anyone who has had stuff lifted can post details to tip us all off in case we see anything. with the www making it ever easier to shift bike parts to anywhere in the world, and the value of old bikes and parts continuing to hold up where even money in the bank isnt safe, and this fact not going un-noticed in the world of thievery, i think a section like this may prove to be a handy addition to the site as it grows bigger and is seen by more folk.

DAM

Re: how about a stolen bike/ stolen bits section

Unread post by DAM » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:24 pm

We already have a stolen bike register, its permanently at the top in Biking Chat.
Perhaps we ought to make it easier to find.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 pm

DAM wrote:We already have a stolen bike register, its permanently at the top in Biking Chat.
Perhaps we ought to make it easier to find.

Dunno about that !
It's there if folk want to use it, and if folk post info elsewhere we can easily Rockerate it into the right place.
(Like This !)

Folk seem to have more than enough trouble finding the useful and helpful POSITIVE stuff without emphasising the negative !

As the forum grows we're going to have to shuffle stuff around anyway.

johnr

Unread post by johnr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:07 am

ive absolutely never seen that. i think with it being in a seperate section, i see it in the same position as a banner ad, and so completely ignore it!! how odd, cos before i posted, i looked through every section to check that i hadnt missed it!! wierd!!

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 am

As the forum expands, then we're going to have to stick more sub-sections in, hopefully it'll all start to make some sort of sense !

I don't know if it's possible to tweak the format slightly, so that the Global Announcements go at the top, the subsections below that, and the rest of the drivel below that.
That seems more logical.
If Big Admin don't get to it before me (Please ????) I'll try and have a play when I'm more sober.