Joined the forum today

Are you new here? Come in and say hello. We won't bite...much.

If you do not receive the second email activating your account please try and log in as your email may have gone adrift. Or email me at : administrator@classicbikeforum.co.uk
Ozmadman

Joined the forum today

Unread post by Ozmadman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 am

Hi
I have just joined the forum being directed to it by a member of the Aircooled RD club. I have an engine knock on my AJS so was directed here after asking for opinions as to what this may be. I belong to the above club and forum and to the AJS/Matchless owners club and forum both under the same name. I passed my bike test when it was almost impossible to fail it back in 1970 on a 1968 BSA Bantam D10 which was a great little bike, then I bought a Honda CD175, had that for about a year then passed my car test, never to sit on a bike again until 2011.... After a holiday in Australia where a load of bikers turned up at the caravan park where we were staying and seeing and old Ariel Sq 4, a few Triumph's and BSA's I got the urge to have a bike again. I bought the AJS model 8 350 cc as it was running, in reasonable nick and cheap enough for me to afford and then went about renovating it completely ( except for the bottom end ) and it is now a lovely bike. I also have a USA import Yamaha RD 250 B which I have just finished renovating as well although that has developed a gearbox noise in 5th and 6th which will need looking at, at some point. Strange that even after a break of virtually 40 years I got on the AJS and rode up the street like I had never been away?? Anyway, hope to be a productive member of the forum and no doubt meet others who are also members of the two other forums. When I get on my home computer I will post a picture of each bike

Paul
Paul

mervin

Re: Joined the forum today

Unread post by mervin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am

Welcome Paul from the culprit !!!
classic japbikefest 2 http://www.vjmc.com/japbikefest/

Ozmadman

Unread post by Ozmadman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks
Paul

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Eyup & welcome to t'forum.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Ozmadman

Unread post by Ozmadman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:02 am

Pictures as promised
1960 AJS model 8 and 1974 Yamaha RD 250B
S1580006comp.jpg
DSCF3295(4)a.jpg
Pictures look a bit rubbish as the forum only allows very small size pictures with appallingly low resolution (256kb) which does not do justice to either bike. Can this be changed??

Paul
Paul

DAM

Unread post by DAM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 am

Welcome to the forum Paul.
We switched to a newer version of the forum recently but did not change the upload file size then :roll:

You can upload a bigger picture now, it will still show as a small one in the post but you can click on it to display it full size.

If you want to you can upload much bigger pictures to the forum gallery, you can then link to pictures within posts here.
Again they will appear as small pictures in the post but you can click on them to show full size You can even link to them in the other forums you use.

Here's another one of my pending projects, I already have a Quickly on the road but the price of this one on Ebay was too good to miss.
Attachments
PICT1287.JPG

Ozmadman

Unread post by Ozmadman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

Ok, tried to re-post the pictures and the file size does say it is now 750 KB (still small though) but there is a size limit of 600 x 450 pixels, it wont' let you download a bigger file. I squashed the picture into this size and when I clicked on it, it was still small in the top LH corner of the page??? your picture is way bigger 2034 x 1700 or so !!!

I deleted the pictures and wanted to delete the whole post but can't see how to do it??? (other forums have a delete button next to the edit or quote ones. Also, I tried to edit it back to empty but it won't let you do this either. Also, posting a picture onto the gallery looks a bit of a mission to me with all the comments about using Flickr??? whatever that is?? can you give me a bit more guidance please?

thanks Paul
Paul

DAM

Unread post by DAM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 pm

The Flickr gallery is historical, If you look at the top of the page under the forum banner you will find a link "Gallery".
Click on this and scroll down and you will find an "upload image" button

fill in the title
add a description if you want to
choose the file
tick the permissions box
click the upload button

Your pic will then be in the Gallery

If you then click on this or any other any pic in this gallery you will be able to scroll down and copy the "link to image".

Add that link to a post and the pic will be displayed, in the post click on the small pic to expand it to full size.(It's done this way to keep the pics in a thread small unless you want to click and see them full size).

test pic
I have increased the size of attachment you can upload.
This one uploaded ok and comes up full size if you click on it.
Attachments
PICT1283.JPG

Ozmadman

Unread post by Ozmadman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:26 am

Ok, pictures in the gallery(that bit worked) and links posted here but this time they show up large with no facility to expand them and they are not listed as attachments like your picture?? tried to upload them as normal but still getting the message re 600 x 450 pixels max??? must be doing something wrong??? :x

Paul

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Ozmadman wrote:
I deleted the pictures and wanted to delete the whole post but can't see how to do it??? (other forums have a delete button next to the edit or quote ones)
It should show as a little cross next to the quote button.
Classics ain't built in Metric