Welcome Aboard Everybody !

Are you new here? Come in and say hello. We won't bite...much.

If you do not receive the second email activating your account please try and log in as your email may have gone adrift. Or email me at : administrator@classicbikeforum.co.uk
Greenbat

Re: Welcome Aboard Everybody !

Unread post by Greenbat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Ayup Tom, I'm not far from you (Matlock).

Tom

Unread post by Tom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Hello Mighty G(!?), sfb, and Greenbat,

Many thanks for the warm welcome!
Thanks also for the link - I hadn't found that one... I now know the proper name for the bike - an AFS... I knew it was ex home office, and somehow related to the green goddesses, but there you go - it's and ex AFS B40. Thanks!

Greenbat - that's a co-incidence. I'd already decided that my first long trip on the bike would be to Darley Dale just up the road from you. I want to visit Joseph Whitworth's resting place - I had to buy a small lathe to get anywhere with the restoration anyway, but it would've been a lot worse without that chap!

Carburation problem solved without needing a post in the end (well, it starts and ticks over now). Doesn't charge though - I'm off to post a charging question... :)

Cheers, Tom

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Welcome Tom, I'm Burton so not far either.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Tom

Unread post by Tom » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Hooli,

A local forum, for local people? :lol:
It's good to know there are some people nearby...

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Tom wrote: A local forum, for local people? :lol:
Be quiet if it was! DAM who owns the name etc is Cornwall, he'd only have McNutty to talk too!
Classics ain't built in Metric

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Hooli wrote:
Tom wrote: A local forum, for local people? :lol:
Be quiet if it was! DAM who owns the name etc is Cornwall, he'd only have McNutty to talk too!

And we've got Americans and Aussies on the forum, so not that local to Cornwall at all really.

ClassicMcNut
Wise Font Of All Bantam Knowledge

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:20 am

Maybe but you're all happy to come down to Cornwall and lay out 3 parts pissed on the sandy beaches with beer bellies overhanging Union Jack swimming trunks, Man United etc. soccer shirts on, even though those that wear them couldn't play 2 mins of a match without having a heart attack, grey socks and sandals with a bloody silly baseball cap on the wrong way round and a stupid motto in it like "Male Stud". Oh it's okay to fall out of clubs pissed as newts at 2am, dropping your shorts to show yer arses and pissing up against shop doorways.
At least dam and I are civilised, patriotic, well balanced, articulate male members of the human race that live in the most beautifull county on this planet.
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do unto others before they do unto you. A wise man learns by other's mistakes a fool by his own

jimmy

Unread post by jimmy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 am

Have you been taking too much medication

Velton

Unread post by Velton » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:42 am

ClassicMcNut wrote:Maybe but you're all happy to come down to Cornwall and lay out 3 parts pissed on the sandy beaches with beer bellies overhanging Union Jack swimming trunks, Man United etc. soccer shirts on, even though those that wear them couldn't play 2 mins of a match without having a heart attack, grey socks and sandals with a bloody silly baseball cap on the wrong way round and a stupid motto in it like "Male Stud". Oh it's okay to fall out of clubs pissed as newts at 2am, dropping your shorts to show yer arses and pissing up against shop doorways.
:
McNut, you promised not to tell anyone about my holiday in Cornwall! :lol:
Just being old doesn't make it a "Classic."

Aaaah! Nostalgia is not what it used to be!

Rayfe

Unread post by Rayfe » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Googled forums went on site and saw that's it's v.active so I'm here!! Hope to learn a few new tricks and pass on what you already know ha. Rayfe.