another Reliant Robin based horror

A special place for Ash to post his finds in.
scotduke

another Reliant Robin based horror

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Yuk. Even the owner was too scared to inflict a photo showing the whole thing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trike-Robin-R ... _55wt_1141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

speedshop

Re: another Reliant Robin based horror

Unread post by speedshop » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 pm

I love these as I helped build one for a mate when I was 20. I was proud when it crashed and my welding held. Mate was ok too. Car that hit it wasn't.

It had a CZ motorcycle front end with external assisstor springs, a handle bar steering system we designed and the back end of the original reliant body.

tornado64

Unread post by tornado64 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:32 am

of all the trikes you could choose from ( if you realy have to have one ) why in all that is holy would you think a reliant was either good or good looking , sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should !!

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 pm

tornado64 wrote:of all the trikes you could choose from ( if you realy have to have one ) why in all that is holy would you think a reliant was either good or good looking , sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should !!
Seconded - the Quasar is no eye candy but it's a better use for a Reliant drive train if you ask me.

tornado64

Unread post by tornado64 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 pm

scotduke wrote:
tornado64 wrote:of all the trikes you could choose from ( if you realy have to have one ) why in all that is holy would you think a reliant was either good or good looking , sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should !!
Seconded - the Quasar is no eye candy but it's a better use for a Reliant drive train if you ask me.

many moons ago my ex brother in law was a copper with greater Manchester police , at the time they had two quasars on trial as potential police bikes ,,, two of the more adventurous police bike riders were dragged into the office and bollocked for trying their best to wheelie them across the parade ground

johnr

Unread post by johnr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:38 pm

people use reliants for trikes because it already says reliant on the log book. thats the only reason. the logic is that you can build a trike and not have to re register or do an sva. the reality is that since the computerised mot, they are gradually being removed from the road as you cant mot one with an obviously non standard chassis on the original log book, so either have to retrospectively get an sva or scrap it. thats why trikes using reliant log books that sell on ebay fetch nothing like the amount that they used to fetch, because if you have to go through the sva anyway, you might as well uild one thats got a bit more poke.