Why do people do this and why do they live in Rye?

A special place for Ash to post his finds in.
ash

Why do people do this and why do they live in Rye?

Unread post by ash » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RELIANT-ROBIN ... 6157368%26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

johnr

Re: Why do people do this and why do they live in Rye?

Unread post by johnr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:19 pm

and they wont ever get an mot on it. the old dodge was to get a reliant log book because it already says 'tricycle' on it. but since computerised mot tests, that is out of the window. no mot man is going to risk losing his ticket by putting an mot on a vehicle that is quite obviously not a reliant 3 wheeler, even trikes built from reliants using the reliant chassis arent kosher because they are obviously modified. so whoever bought this is going to have to put it through an sva test, making it an expensive waste of cash.

spitfiregoggles

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Christ, that is fucking horrible! :shock:
Ashamed to admit that I live in the same town.......*
The listing is a bit odd, refers to "our" trike, but then gets all business-like with all the stuff about part-exchange, warranty, etc........so I get the impression that they're not telling the full story.
Reliant log book and chassis plate.....ffs, who are they trying to kid? That surely is the kind of blatant piss-taking the DVLA etc. have been trying to clamp down on.
Never mind, if the seller is the place I think it is it's not too far to push it down to the beach and into the sea.

*There was a T-shirt available a while back which bore the legend "DON'T WORRY, I'M FROM St.LEONARDS TOO,".....and on the back....."I'M NORMAL LIKE YOU!".......says it all, really.

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 am

It's horrible, as well as being an utter waste of time and money and worse even than what it was originally.

The US Embassy used to use Reliant Robins or Robin Reliants, whichever is correct.

ash

Unread post by ash » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 pm

somebody paid 560 quid for it