What did you do Today

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

scotduke

Re: What did you do Today

Unread post by scotduke » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Dropped the Suzuki off for its MOT and saw the dealer had an offer on riding kit. So new pair of boots purchased for £59 to replace knackered vintage Sidi pair. Call from the dealer to say the Suzuki flew thru its MOT - sounds like a result. The dealer's selling off excess kit at bargain basement prices and I need a new MX lid as my old one is a disgrace - might get that tomorrow.

Spoke with my line manager and I'll get 90% of my bonus, the other 10% being rolled forward due to late deliver (tho acknowledged that I've done my bit - won't lose it either as that goes for next year). Another result. Payout is in June so Frau Scotduke will be appraised of this and garage space arranged with mate for additional bike. It'll probably be a 70s vintage Suzuki, tho possibly a Yamaha.

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

A bonus? are you an evil banker? :lol:
Classics ain't built in Metric

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Hooli wrote:A bonus? are you an evil banker? :lol:

humble hack, that's me

banker indeed

sbsbsa

Unread post by sbsbsa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:01 pm

To be fair, it was yesterday. We came home from holiday - shame but still. We were on two steam trains during the week - Ash, it's a lovely area you live in - although it was a bit draughty at the top of the Brocken. The only disappointment was that we didn't see any witches! :(
Steve

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Been enjoying riding the Suzuki to and from work. I'd almost forgotten what nice weather was like.

The fairing decided to come loose on the way home the other day, which was a bit annoying. Every time I went over a bump it'd slip forward and then the mirrors would tilt as well. I didn't have a spanner on me so I had to stop twice to make the bolts finger-tight and after a while they loosened up again. I've put an adjustable spanner in the tankbag - had a multi tool, flatblade and Philips screwdrivers and some allen keys, but no spanner. This spanner has an interesting history having come from Bulgaria by way of Nigeria, but that's another story.

jimmy

Unread post by jimmy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Just back from getting my Bonnie MOT'd. Flew through with no issues, unlike my wifes motor which I noticed yesterday was down to the thread on the inside edge of one of the front tyres. When I asked her when she last checked the tyres I was met with, oh the handbrake doesnt work and neither does the horn. It will be no surprise to note that the washer bottle was empty. Just going to get my arse slapped now from the garage
Last edited by jimmy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMIFFY R

Unread post by SMIFFY R » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Got me specs broken by some silly twat with an umbrella so spent the day trying to repair them,why is it that 'Superglue' doesn't work on anything except your thumb and forefinger!! :?
Go to Heaven for the climate....Hell for the company

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 pm

jimmy wrote:Just back from getting my Bonnie MOT'd. Flew through with no issues, unlike my wifes motor which I noticed yesterday was down to the thread on the inside edge of one of the front tyres. When I asked her when she last checked the tyres I was met with, oh the handbrake doesnt work and neither does the horn. It will be no surprise to note that the washer bottle was empty. Just going to get my arse slapped now from the garage

Lucky she hasn't had the cops pull her up for having an unroadworthy vehicle
:)

jimmy

Unread post by jimmy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Yea I've given her that chat already

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Thu May 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Last night I stopped for a bloke broken down in an old Spridget. Took about five mins to diagnose the typical faulty SU fuel pump that needed a smack to get him going again.
Classics ain't built in Metric