What did you do Today

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

Hooli

Re: What did you do Today

Unread postby Hooli » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Tip for the day -

Don't pour boiling water over your fingers, it smarts a bit.

Plan for tomorrow -

Learn how to use a kettle properly.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:59 pm

They've been cutting down trees around our place to stop them damaging the power lines. Noticed they'd missed a few bits tidying up today, so filled the car up twice :D should run the heating for a while.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:10 pm

I've been trying out lime mortar this week, it's much better around fires I'm told. Been doing this with the fireplace in the living room...

The original beam is hacked about to hell due to strange people crazy paving the walls back in the 60s so I've covered it with this other oak beam we found spare in the garage loft, the corbels are made from off-cuts of scaffold board & the shelf in the fireplace is more oak also found here when we got the place. Should look great once the lights are up, the wall is plastered & the log burner is back in place.

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:00 am

Hooli wrote:Tip for the day -

Don't pour boiling water over your fingers, it smarts a bit.

Plan for tomorrow -

Learn how to use a kettle properly.

Funnily enough my daughter has just got an after school job in a new coffee bar/barista/cafe whatever you want to call it. Anyway last night she was at a training night and complained she was making coffee and burnt her fingers. "did you not have a spoon to stir it with" asks I......Not happy

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:04 am

Hooli wrote:I've been trying out lime mortar this week, it's much better around fires I'm told. Been doing this with the fireplace in the living room...

The original beam is hacked about to hell due to strange people crazy paving the walls back in the 60s so I've covered it with this other oak beam we found spare in the garage loft, the corbels are made from off-cuts of scaffold board & the shelf in the fireplace is more oak also found here when we got the place. Should look great once the lights are up, the wall is plastered & the log burner is back in place.

Will look good when complete. I just visited a woodmill and got them to cut up a few sleepers I had left over from a previous project. Now I have to make a fire surround with the cuts. Here is a wee arty pic of the bike whilst I was there

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:08 am

Oh and visited here whilst out and about....Not as far away or as cold as I thought it would be

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:45 pm

jimmy wrote:Oh and visited here whilst out and about....Not as far away or as cold as I thought it would be

I didn't know there was a big '30' written in Red Square!

I've got some sleeper sized wood to make the fire surround for the best room, but that is a project for next year.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:38 pm

Why is it illegal to kill neighbours who spend their time harassing you when you aren't doing anything wrong?

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Brrr chilly oot

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Well wrap up. I took my mutt a walk along the waterfront yesterday and today. She had her coat on and I wore my 'parka' and a wooly hat. I was sweating like jimmy saville in Toys 'R' us by the end

Return to “General Banter”