What did you do Today

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

ClassicMcNut
Wise Font Of All Bantam Knowledge

Re: What did you do Today

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm

The Mighty Gusset wrote:I've just broken my right hand index finger !
It Bl**dy HURTS !
Image Wanker
Do unto others before they do unto you. A wise man learns by other's mistakes a fool by his own

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 pm

ClassicMcNut wrote:
The Mighty Gusset wrote:I've just broken my right hand index finger !
It Bl**dy HURTS !
Image Wanker
It's difficult to break a finger wanking yourself !
I did once break a toe while indulging in some 'play' with a lady friend and she closed her legs a bit too quickly !

Nope, I did my finger in while shifting some bags of logs.

NeilD

Unread post by NeilD » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 pm

The Mighty Gusset wrote:I did once break a toe while indulging in some 'play' with a lady friend and she closed her legs a bit too quickly !
:shock: the bog mindles... :)

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Gus, you seem to have a history of bad things happening between womens legs...

Yesterday I had a yomp to work and back on the bantam. True to form, I met a bloke who owned classics-a load of Velocettes, but the weird ones no-one talks about (LE, Valiant and Viceroy). He was rather pleased to see a Bantam on the road...so there! :D

NeilD

Unread post by NeilD » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:40 pm

Greenbat wrote:the weird ones no-one talks about
..and like the mad uncle/child that no one in the family talks about, they too should be hidden in the attic!!! :D

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:43 pm

NeilD wrote:
Greenbat wrote:the weird ones no-one talks about
..and like the mad uncle/child that no one in the family talks about, they too should be hidden in the attic!!! :D
Talking off weird ones etc...just seen a BSA beagle on ebay. Bike itself looks not too bad, but I love that little engine. I believe it is a shrunken tiger cub lump? I'd love to have the engine, just as a toy.

sfb

Unread post by sfb » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

My friends got a Beagle (aka "puppy dog"). It's a scruffy little thing but it goes well. I think they're rather pretty.

Today, after lots of chasing up the insurance companyover several days, they upped the offer for my written-off car from £1,000 to £1,700 (less the excess, which I have to claim back via the legal cover). A good result, I thought! :D Now I can look for a really uncool but useful vehicle to replace it (something else ex-post office, probably!)

bsac15ss80

Unread post by bsac15ss80 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:06 pm

hello all,
did a bit of work today,heres some pics of my efforts.
of course i forgot to take pics before i started

weapons used were..grinder, hot air gun,wire brush,emery cloth,wood chisel,paint stripper.
the wood chisel was by far the most useful,it took 99% of the paint off.
the front mudgaurd is good to go being pretty much in perfect nick under the 4 layers of paint.
the inside is being painted in a black exterior gloss.
the rear mudgaurd is a different story it needs a few splits welding also there are way to many holes in it,
again is an easy fix with a few blobs of weld. the bottom brk[2 holes at bottom of pic]need replacing,
it had split so i ground the rivits out and binned it.
one side is really roughi will see what i can with a hammer and heat on monday,will prob need filler though
as its looking like a ploughed field at the moment.

as this is my first restoration are there any easy ways of stipping old paint work?
input good or bad is GOOD ................................................LATERS......davebsac15ss80

steve

Unread post by steve » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm

today, I got up at half past sparrowfart, kettle on, big mug of strong black medicine (got a bit of a habit) boots on helmet on fired up the BMW up t the horses, fed, watered, mucked out, home for breakfast. wrapped and posted some ebay sales, down to the lock up to weigh the JAP motor (got an enquiry from Seattle wanting a courier cost) contacted a fella in the States about a stroked Indian Chief motor (want need got to have :twisted: ) back up to the horses to help my wife and walk with her to her weekly riding lesson. back to the stables hitched up the trailer, went to collect some round bale hay, back to the stables, horses in fed watered and home for Fajitas and a bottle of wine :D

stogadog

Unread post by stogadog » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Rejoined this forum.
Caught some moles (hopefully!)
Started to dig out some earth between my sheds so that I can build a proper floor of my superdream house. mUch more excited by that than the moles!
Tommorow I may spend some time looking to get out more...