What did you do Today

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

Hooli

Re: What did you do Today

Unread post by Hooli » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 am

if i meet him again i'll ask. hadnt actually met him before, hes one of those forum people who i dont believe exist in the real world.
Classics ain't built in Metric

chilly

Unread post by chilly » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:02 am

My lad had one and the gearbox was sweet,great bike as well,good fun :D

ash

Unread post by ash » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:15 am

Took one of our cats to the vets in Osterode. Suffering at 25 years old, but had a wonderful life. Put to sleep in my arms.

Done a dozen times before but still very upsetting :(
http://www.biker-hotel-harz.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luckydave

Unread post by Luckydave » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Sorry to hear that Ash,always painful to lose an old friend

ClassicMcNut
Wise Font Of All Bantam Knowledge

Unread post by ClassicMcNut » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 pm

ash wrote:Took one of our cats to the vets in Osterode. Suffering at 25 years old, but had a wonderful life. Put to sleep in my arms.

Yeah Ash, it always hurts. I said it before but thats why I won't have another dog, hurts too much when the time comes that they have to be put to sleep. Thats one of the big troubles with pets, you always outlast them except for the last one.
:(
Do unto others before they do unto you. A wise man learns by other's mistakes a fool by his own

ash

Unread post by ash » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm

ClassicMcNut wrote:
ash wrote:Took one of our cats to the vets in Osterode. Suffering at 25 years old, but had a wonderful life. Put to sleep in my arms.

Yeah Ash, it always hurts. I said it before but thats why I won't have another dog, hurts too much when the time comes that they have to be put to sleep. Thats one of the big troubles with pets, you always outlast them except for the last one.
:(
Thanks LD and McNutty, I just realised that our youngest kitten (now 9 months old) could and probably will outlive me - there's a soberíng thought!
Attachments
100_0391.jpg
http://www.biker-hotel-harz.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Iand

Unread post by Iand » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:53 pm

today i went to work and it was boring, although i did find the 'new' forum, yesterday i cut the grass and looked at the Z500, literally looked at it, it was in the shed behind the lawnmower, saturday i went for the best ride of the year so far, just over 100miles, met up with my brother, had a very fast (for me, slow for hime) ride for about 30mins' then went to on yer triumph, on yer bike and some bloody good A roads inbetween. sun was out, nice and warm without being wrapped up in umpteen layers of thermals!!

roll on summer!
1960 lambretta Li125 sold; 2001 Honda CG125 sold; 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sold; 1980 Kawasaki Z500 sold; 1967 BSA Bantam D10; 2008 Aprilia Shiver sold; 2010 KTM Duke 690R; 1954 BSA Bantam; 1980ish Kawasaki Z200

Buckinghamshire, UK

sfb

Unread post by sfb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Arranged for my Metro to be rehomed with its previous owner as I'm picking up our new c*r on Thursday. Couldn't justify the insurance costs of a van (I wanted to get an LDV Pilot crewbus) so ended up buying a Renault Kangoo but, unusually for a c*r, I'm quite excited about it because it is big enough that I can fit bikes in the back - so I can return the borrowed BSA XO to its owner, then go and fetch a moped shed from B&Q and then I'll have enough room to get on with work on the B31! And the Serow and the Tribsa and the mopeds.......lots of work to catch up on :)

steve

Unread post by steve » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 am

today I A frame towed my landrover to my pals place to get the blown back axle sorted, came home via Tescos (fortress of evil) and the stables where we met the vet who stitched up a nasty cut in my daughter's pony's leg :(

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 am

today my car started making awful noises, seems it needs brakepads. that can wait till friday as im broke till payday. back on 14 for work then, such a shame :D still cant drive their vans though so its going to limit the jobs i can do. never mind, cant be helped etc.
Classics ain't built in Metric