HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

supersix
Posts: 1816
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 am
Location: wigan and sometimes Scunny or Louth, Lincs

HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by supersix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 pm

:lol: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/a-little-silly ... -long.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
spitfiregoggles
Posts: 1020
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Happy Hastings

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:34 pm

The most worrying aspect of this article is that someone goes around measuring the bloody things, see concluding sentence:

The shortest recorded yellow lines in the UK are in a street in Norwich and measure 17 inches.

scotduke
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by scotduke » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 pm

You think there are yellow line spotters?

Paul in NZ
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 pm
Location: Kapiti New Zealand.

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by Paul in NZ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 pm

scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Yeah - they are called parking wardens....
He who hears not the music thinks the dancers mad....

User avatar
spitfiregoggles
Posts: 1020
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Happy Hastings

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 pm

scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Probably! Somewhere on t'interweb there's bound to be a forum about them.......for enthusiasts you understand, as opposed to "normal" people who just want to try to contest parking tickets or whatever.

scotduke
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 pm

spitfiregoggles wrote:
scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Probably! Somewhere on t'interweb there's bound to be a forum about them.......for enthusiasts you understand, as opposed to "normal" people who just want to try to contest parking tickets or whatever.

Probably, there are all sorts of idiots interested in all sorts of obscure things that interest no-one else to be found on the Interweb.

Oh...

User avatar
spitfiregoggles
Posts: 1020
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: Happy Hastings

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:54 pm

scotduke wrote:
spitfiregoggles wrote:
scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Probably! Somewhere on t'interweb there's bound to be a forum about them.......for enthusiasts you understand, as opposed to "normal" people who just want to try to contest parking tickets or whatever.

Probably, there are all sorts of idiots interested in all sorts of obscure things that interest no-one else to be found on the Interweb.

Oh...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
jimmy
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by jimmy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 am

Paul in NZ wrote:
scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Yeah - they are called parking wardens....
Heres a thing.
Like all towns we had the usual core of traffic wardens and the list of complainants against them. Traffic flowed freely through the town with the wardens swooping on the miscreants. Anyway last year the traffic wardens were let go in a money saving exercise and now traffic is a fekking nightmare with cars abandoned everywhere and folk double parking, parking on or right next to pedestrian crossings and so on.
A necessary evil maybe eh?

scotduke
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by scotduke » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

jimmy wrote:
Paul in NZ wrote:
scotduke wrote:You think there are yellow line spotters?
Yeah - they are called parking wardens....
Heres a thing.
Like all towns we had the usual core of traffic wardens and the list of complainants against them. Traffic flowed freely through the town with the wardens swooping on the miscreants. Anyway last year the traffic wardens were let go in a money saving exercise and now traffic is a fekking nightmare with cars abandoned everywhere and folk double parking, parking on or right next to pedestrian crossings and so on.
A necessary evil maybe eh?

You can have some of ours. Lambeth Council incentivises parking wardens.

User avatar
Hooli
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: HAHAHAHA! Beware! Idiots at large!

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm

jimmy wrote:A necessary evil maybe eh?
Only because the average human is sub-normal & selfish.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Post Reply