Hein Gericke UK have just gone bust.

Natter about bike related stuff here
DAM

Re: Hein Gericke UK have just gone bust.

Unread post by DAM » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Hooli wrote:One day Gus will admit his Scotch bluud :lol:
Dont be daft lad, Gus never admits to anything :!:

Room101

Unread post by Room101 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:20 pm

fyi guys
just got an email from HG
their closing down sale is now on

... though their idea of a sale and mine is probably different

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:17 pm

DAM wrote:
I'm happy to admit to having no trace of Jockinese anywhere in my traceable family tree.

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 am

The Mighty Gusset wrote:
DAM wrote:
I'm happy to admit to having no trace of Jockinese anywhere in my traceable family tree.

Six degrees of separation

Room101

Unread post by Room101 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm

went in HG yesterday (they are over the road from my sisters house), they have a bunch of stuff at 20% discount but nothing you'd bother opening your wallet for. The big signs say everything must go but i think there was still loads of standard price stuff. I overheard a salesguys telling his mate theyd know this coming week if they have a buyer. Dunno if thats true. (maybe this is a big marketing con job - now that would be funny)

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Perhaps they'll be 'rescued' by the German parent company.
I can't see how another buyer could run the business without the agreement of the German owners, and who would want to take on the franchise knowing they were stuck with the same products and a business model that had already failed.
It's not nice when businesses go to the wall and people lose their jobs, but sometimes they don't really deserve to survive, because they don't provide what people want.
I miss Frank Thomas more than I'll ever miss Hein Gericke (and not just because it's easier to pronounce !)

spitfiregoggles

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 am

Sue and I went into the Maidstone branch of HG today and it was busier than I've ever seen it.
We were looking for some stuff anyway....Sue was after a new lid, I needed boots.
Sue' bought a plain black full-face that has an internal sun visor, I got a pair of boots that are pretty comfy (been looking for some for a while).
It was noticeable that there were rows of the more expensive items (£150+ boots, £250+ lids etc.) unsold whereas the cheaper stuff seemed to be selling pretty fast.
Some stuff seems to be firmly in the "La-la Land" price bracket; is a lid that's 3 times dearer really 3 times better? Must admit that the one time I've had one of the more expensive brands I was pretty unimpressed as the visor misted badly under most conditions........surely making an accident more likely.
I hope that HG does continue in some form in the UK as at least its existence means we have a choice....even if we end up choosing to go elsewhere!
It was also a good excuse to go for a ride on some good roads.......

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am

I'll have to take my younger son. He needs a new lid for BMX and if I get him a road legal MX helmet it'll mean he can come on the bike with me from time to time. Frau Scotduke is strongly opposed to the idea of either son going on the back of the motorbike of course.

clanger

Unread post by clanger » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm

I'd been over due a few purchases so popped into the northampton branch this morning, and got a new helmet , Ortleib dry bag, cover and some Rallye boots.

There are diffent discounts for stuff - helmet was 10% off, Bag and boots 20% and bike cover 30%, but I clocked up £90 'savings'.

HG (UK) is a limited company with no holding from germany, there are apparently 6 offers that the receivers are considering, plus some HG germany. Hopefully by buying stuff we are helping creditors, and also showing that there is a market out there which will hopefully increase the chances of one of the offers materialising.

triumph5ta

Unread post by triumph5ta » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 pm

The last two items of bike clothing I bought were, I think, online...
So its probly my fault...