Cuter than the average Learner bike ?

Natter about bike related stuff here
The Mighty Gusset

Re: Cuter than the average Learner bike ?

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Room101 wrote:arent Triumph talking about building a 350cc something to be built in India?
I believe so.
It's not necessarily going to appear in the UK market though - it's intended as a cheap utility bike for emerging markets.

mervin

Unread post by mervin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Room101 wrote:arent Triumph talking about building a 350cc something to be built in India?
Sleeved down enfield engine?
classic japbikefest 2 http://www.vjmc.com/japbikefest/

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 pm

mervin wrote:
Sleeved down enfield engine?
It's a completely new bike, designed and built by a wholly owned Triumph subsidiary in India - or so I believe.
One version of the story here :
http://cmgonline.com/news/2012/07/17/tr ... a-big-way/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Other versions exist !)

Crankcase

Unread post by Crankcase » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:08 am

Certainly a lot of torque around about a 350 or lessser capacity machine and irrespective if they are built in India or not I for one am happy to see a triumph motorcycle leaners can progress on.
A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 am

That is a lovely bike, Clarkes in Derby sell some very nice looking CCI 125s too (made in Taiwan I believe). Shame triumph don't make similar, their core market is only getting older and it wouldn't hurt to get some brand loyalty in. Mind you, I say that but I doubt I'll ever buy anything that is younger than me!
My workplace is trying to open a chinese factory, they aren't doing too well...
I did some training with the Chinese competitors for the Worldskills competition last year. They learn very, very quick, but are equally quick to find corners to cut. Once they get the idea of a basic level of quality in everything, they'll be unstoppable.

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Chinese build quality varies - some of the major firms do make good stuff tho. I'm off there to inspect some factories next month as it happens. At present, dealer coverage in Europe for Chinese products is patchy. That will change. I expect the larger Chinese manufacturers of products like cars and motorcycles (as well as the construction equipment I have most dealings with) will begin to take a larger share of the European and US markets in just a few years. I've seen some of the construction products from the majr firms close up and they are pretty good.