Wahhhh!!!

Natter about bike related stuff here
Old Codger
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by Old Codger » Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Wonder what the bikes are?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ondon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
hondapartsman
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Halesworth Suffolk.

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by hondapartsman » Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 am

Old Codger wrote:Wonder what the bikes are?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ondon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Superscooters and the like I would say, so nothing of any interest really. She must have been giving it some beans to get it up on top of those bikes like that I would think.
My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/63994217@N08/
I'm like my regular ride, old battered and bit leaky, but still going.
http://notabikeramotorcyclist.weebly.com/

scotduke
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by scotduke » Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Lucky she didn't squash anyone. You have to ask whether she should be driving at all.

One of the squished two wheelers looks like a motorbike.

Dunno about you lot, but I'm developing a real dislike for super scoot riders BTW. So many of them seem to ride really, really badly and in spite of the fact that riders on the bigger ones have a full licence and have passed their test.

I'm not referring to the riders on Lambrettas and Vespas and so on. I mean things like the big Yamaha and Suzuki scooters of 250cc or more.

So many weave through traffic dangerously and I even saw one overtake a car on the inside, despite the car being stopped at a pedestrian ccrossing because someone was ccrossing.

User avatar
Hooli
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by Hooli » Tue May 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Well they are for tards who can't manage a gearbox or don't want road dust on their Guchi loafers.
Classics ain't built in Metric

scotduke
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by scotduke » Tue May 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Hooli wrote:Well they are for tards who can't manage a gearbox or don't want road dust on their Guchi loafers.

Sounds like we're in agreement then. There was another feckwit riding one this morning. What is it with these people? When you're following another powered two wheeler, you do not ride directly behind and instead ride slightly to one side. If the two wheeler in front is just to the left of the centre of the lane, the one behind should be just to the right. That way if the two wheeler in front hits the brakes, the one behind doesn't ram it. I know you lot know that, but why don't super scoot riders?

User avatar
Hooli
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by Hooli » Wed May 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I refer the learned gentlemen to my answer above :lol:
Classics ain't built in Metric

Detour Rd.
Posts: 885
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 am

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by Detour Rd. » Fri May 23, 2014 3:59 am

scotduke wrote:Lucky she didn't squash anyone. You have to ask whether she should be driving at all.

One of the squished two wheelers looks like a motorbike.

Dunno about you lot, but I'm developing a real dislike for super scoot riders BTW. So many of them seem to ride really, really badly and in spite of the fact that riders on the bigger ones have a full licence and have passed their test.

I'm not referring to the riders on Lambrettas and Vespas and so on. I mean things like the big Yamaha and Suzuki scooters of 250cc or more.

So many weave through traffic dangerously and I even saw one overtake a car on the inside, despite the car being stopped at a pedestrian ccrossing because someone was ccrossing.
and you live and drive in London. You are one very brave fella. Any way you know how I feel about city riding.
didnt stop me from getting wacked last Dec. though.

User avatar
hondapartsman
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Halesworth Suffolk.

Re: Wahhhh!!!

Unread post by hondapartsman » Fri May 23, 2014 9:53 am

Hooli wrote:I refer the learned gentlemen to my answer above :lol:
My wife rides a sort of super scoot, with her MP3 thing. I always tend to ride behind her for two reasons, one I can see where she is better than trying to keep track in my mirrors and two because if i didn't go what she would call the 'right' way to somewhere I'd get it in the neck. I did try to persuade her to to CBT etc and get a bike license, so she could use my bikes but she didn't want to go through all that so got a LT version so she can ride on her car license, and in theory even ride without a helmet if she wants. I don't think that would ever happen though.
The one thing I know about super scoot riders is that they seem, generally, as low on the friendliness scale as Harley riders, sports bike riders, adventure bike riders and moped riders. That doesn't leave many friendly people on two wheel these days it seems to me.
My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/63994217@N08/
I'm like my regular ride, old battered and bit leaky, but still going.
http://notabikeramotorcyclist.weebly.com/

Post Reply