TR5T on ebay a question??

Natter about bike related stuff here
lancashirelad

TR5T on ebay a question??

Unread post by lancashirelad » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:47 am

There is a new listing on ebay today for a TR5T & it looks a nice bike BUT it has a grey frame now after much searching the net for TR5Ts I've never seen one with a grey frame, it looks the same grey that some BSA A65s came in question is could it be a factory colour as Triumph/BSA were going threw their death throws round about then??
Attachments
TR5T London.jpg

DAVE M2

Re: TR5T on ebay a question??

Unread post by DAVE M2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

the 500 650 frames are different, never seen a grey one

lancashirelad

Unread post by lancashirelad » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 pm

No I haven't either & I called in a D+C Classics in Cowling today & he's never seen a grey framed one ??
8K is a lot of money if its not original though?

lancashirelad

Unread post by lancashirelad » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Just in case anyone else is curious this is the reply to my email asking about the frame colour.
I take it that the price when relisted will be more??.........it will then be above my budget, for that reason....I'm out!!!

Thank you for the enquiry reference our very nice 1975 Triumph TR5T, We have been informed by the various Triumph buffs that this bike was definitly produced by Triumph around 73/74 and was probably not sold until 1975 and registered with this colour frame in very limited numbers which actually makes this a rather rare version of this sought after model, As you are aware they had black frames, Triumph only listed this for one model year in 1973 ( Silver Frame in ltd production numbers ), the bike start and rides very well and has been fitted with electronic boyer ignition and a brand new factory Triumph wiring loom, i have also been given a bigger drum hubbed front wheel which will come with the bike, from all accounts this bike was supplied by Reg Allen of West Ealing a Triumph dealer here in West London W13, he was in his day a number one Triumph dealer so maybe he got this as a promotional display machine ?.

Lot and lots and lots of Worldwide interest at the moment the bike seems to have caused a big stir, so i might be withdrawing from sale ( SORRY ) as i think we have something a bit special here, so if the machine disappears of Ebay for a while don't panic as i will re-list again shortly.

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:58 pm

It's a very nice looking example of that model. I can't comment on if it's as original as the seller says. For that money, I'd want it to ride as well as it looks mind.

lancashirelad

Unread post by lancashirelad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm afraid its outside of my budget even more so if he's going to up the price!!!
But it does look a nice example.
At this moment in time I can find 4 for sale but that is the most expensive.

DAVE M2

Unread post by DAVE M2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:18 pm

seeing as Reg Allen's still going it would be interesting if Bill remembered it

lancashirelad

Unread post by lancashirelad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:50 pm

ebay listing now marked as "reserved/sold to kevin"...............lucky Kevin :)