Post updates of classic projects here.
supersix

Re: bsa c15 very tight budget build!!

Unread postby supersix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Love it when a plan works! Happy riding :D

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 pm

another small update, put a set of ferodo shoes in the front and a new cable and, well, its not really much better, but at least i can pull hard on the brake to try and stop without worrying about the ancient cable shearing. the bike runs sweetly now, starts first or second kick and since i did the top end, it doesnt leak oil in quite such an alarming quantity. it will cruise at about 45-50mph and struggles to get much past 55, but its carrying a lot with me on board so theres not really a problem. it still smokes a little but im not too bothered by that, a fresh throttle cable has made the performance a bit less jerky, the old one was pretty poor and hadnt any adjustment left in it and was rusty and prone to jam. chain oiler on the bars(loobman) works fine and the mountain bike speedo is pretty accurate. im still enjoying riding it and put a few miles on it every week just to keep it sweet. im wondering about taking the silencer off and removing some of the restriction in there(its got a plate inside with a half inch hole in it for the gasses, so its very quiet, seriously not brit bike quiet!! so i might see if the silencer could liberate a bit more of the top end performance. nothing major in this update, its just a bit more of an evolution rather than anything major. it still charges perfectly and the headlight is nice and sharp. and thats that really.
however, noticing the date, today is the 30th april, daves birthday again, and 2 years to the day since i wrapped it in brown paper and deposited it in his lounge. so, whatever youre doing and wherever you are dave, happy birthday to you.

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:05 pm

ok, after our jaunt to the mgp we reccon it will be nice for sue to go on her own bike next time. so, the old c15 is destined for her i think. i dont get to ride it often and it suits her. so, im gonna fit some new wheels, a bit lighter than those on it, probably jap bike, the stock ones have poor brakes and an oval drum on the front to boot as well as weighing a ton! (cast iron hubs!!!) im gonna fit a single seat for her and a pair of nice ally guards on the wheels. aside from that nothing else needs doing apart from me fitting the 265cc big bore kit that should stop it puffing smoke out as it has since i built it, the heads been done, valves guides etc, so the bore is all it should need!

chris.k

Unread postby chris.k » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 pm

sounds like a plan john

The Mighty Gusset

Unread postby The Mighty Gusset » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Nice to see regular updates on this.
Another one for Uttoxeter ?

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:48 am

ha ha ha , what year? :mrgreen:

The Mighty Gusset

Unread postby The Mighty Gusset » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 am

johnr wrote:ha ha ha , what year? :mrgreen:

Next year - on the Classic Bike Forum stand - obviously !
Do keep up !
The 'plan' is to have a Forum Gathering sort of thingy at next years Uttoxeter show - and since you get a pair of free weekend tickets if you display a 'classic' bike it makes sense for us to have a stand of some sort.
The organisers are sending details out around Christmas time, so there will be further information as and when we get it, but you might want to provisionally put a long weekend aside next July.

stogadog

Unread postby stogadog » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:20 pm

MZ's allowed at Uttoxeter?!

sfb

Unread postby sfb » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Yes!

The Mighty Gusset

Unread postby The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

So that we don't hijack this, and other threads, see here for Uttoxeter Show 2012 plans

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4798

Return to “In the shed”