bsa c15 very tight budget build!!

Post updates of classic projects here.
johnr

Re: bsa c15 very tight budget build!!

Unread postby johnr » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:03 pm

another small update for this bike. its been sat outside the shed for months now so ive decided to give it a bit of attention. ive got a pair of mudguards off a modern enfield which are smaller and lighter than stock and in keeping with the trials idea i have in my head, ive also got a big bore kit for it, which is a new triumph piston in a new barrel bored to suit it, this gives about 265cc, but more importantly will prevent the smoking that it has been prone to. im still looking for a pair of new wheels off a small jap bike, 17 inchers if poss off a small honda or something like that. oh, and ive got a single seat for it.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread postby The Mighty Gusset » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Nice to see an update on this.
I look forward to seeing it at Uttoxeter !

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 pm

ok, yer on, any dates?

The Mighty Gusset

Unread postby The Mighty Gusset » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 pm

johnr wrote:ok, yer on, any dates?

TBA.
Watch this space :
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4798

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm

another small update. this bike has stood unused outside my shed for 6 months ish, so i took it indoors on fri and took the top end off, there was water on the piston and the carb was completely full of water and some ammount of corrosion, so its dried stripped and cleaned up, the new barrel is on, the c/r is so high that the triumph piston actually hits the spark plug, so as a temp measure ive fitted a b8hs and put it all together again. now its running again its a lot sharper, no smoke at all and the throttle response is absolutely spot on. its still a bit hit and miss on the tickover, so im going to set up the ignition timing a bit better this week. gonna treat it to a nice small battery too, the alarm battery in there is a bit of overkill sizewise although its holding a charge. still looking for a set of small jap 17" wheels though. but, its running again and i can tax it again at the end of jan and hope to use it a bit more this year whilst the m21 is in dock.

catceefer

Unread postby catceefer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Nice to hear that it is getting back onto the road. Out of interest, do you know which Triumph piston is in it now and is it still the original camshaft?

Regards,

James.
James Alford
Copper Water Features and Garden Ornaments
www.craftedcopper.co.uk

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 pm

its, im assured, a 500 twin piston, its supposed to be about 265cc on the c15 so may be an oversize or may not dependant on the stroke of the triumph. why, you after a piston? ive the one i took out in the shed, nothing wrong with it, i just fitted it in the barrel even though the barrel was worn. it went ok for a few hundred miles, and i only took it out cos it smoked a little. but in the right bore it should be ok, and its high comp too.

catceefer

Unread postby catceefer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Thank you for the details. I am quite interested in the piston: do you have any idea whether it is a standard bore or on an oversize? My barrel is on +60". I have a Triumph T100 piston on +20" that I could fit, but that will need a rebore and the gudgeon pin reaming a little. It would be much easier if your spare piston would drop straight in.

Regards,

James.
James Alford
Copper Water Features and Garden Ornaments
www.craftedcopper.co.uk

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Tue May 29, 2012 7:50 pm

this little beesa has sat in the shed all year whilst ive messed with other stuff, but i went to it the other day and halfheartedly gave the kickstart a prod, and ba boom, it fired up and ran. first kick after nearly 6 months, i suppose i should get it mot'd and run it for a bit as its already taxed and insured!

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

well, this is still in my shed, and never turned a wheel last year. the hope is to build something interesting from it, im looking at a bolt on hardtail for the frame, off with the tinware, single seat, wide bars, all controls internal on the bars, high exhaust, tiny headlight, a dead simple flat track style chop. im collecting bits and hope to make a start when ive got shut of a few bikes that are cluttering the place up. the saga just rumbles on and on and on,,,,,,

Return to “In the shed”