bsa c15 very tight budget build!!

Post updates of classic projects here.
Coxy

Re: bsa c15 very tight budget build!!

Unread postby Coxy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 am

Reminds me of one I should never have sold a genuine and quite rare in Australia C15T Trials model with the distributer behind the cylinder, We do some foolish things in our youth.keep up the good work saving our History.

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 am

well, 3 years on from the last post, i thought id just add an update. ive still got this bike. it sat in the back of the shed till last year. then a bloke at our local greenpeace group expressed an interest in it, but being young, he didnt have any brass. i wasnt really interested in selling it, so i loaned it to him. he has been pottering round on it for the last few months, but his dad wanted the space in the garage back (ironically to rebuild his own bsa, a65, so the bsa has come back home again, and its back in my shed now, awaiting its next jockey.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Glad to hear it's still going well.
Aka. Mr Vicky

Classics ain't built in Metric

johnr

Unread postby johnr » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 am

aye, it still runs (although it still jumps out of gear, new camplate ready for fitting when ive time) the lad who was looking after it repainted the guards a much nicer shade of green and did a couple of welded repars to cracks in the tinware. generally, its come home nicer than it went out. but, till he sorts his storage out, then its going back into the shed under cover. its got a couple of oil leaks and theres a stripped bolt on the head steady that i might repair too. but otherwise, nothing to report really. i will post a pic to show that its still alive and kicking all this time since the rebuild started. i still cant reconcile myself to how its come back to me and the collapse of my long friendship with newshy, whom ive not seen now for 5 years. but, such is life eh, its not the old beesas fault and it really is a sweet little bike.

Return to “In the shed”