My bantam Scrambler Project

Post updates of classic projects here.
User avatar
Iand
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: My bantam Scrambler Project

Unread post by Iand » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:10 am

The Mighty Gusset wrote:Your easiest bet is probably to make up a torque arm that bolts to one of the upper mudguard mounts.
You don't really want to be welding bits on if you can help it.

Good call, I was stuck in a pattern if looking at the nearest fixing points, had to leave it last night as wasn't getting anywhere. Fresh eyes tonight might come up with something which works, cheers TMG.

Iand
1960 lambretta Li125 sold; 2001 Honda CG125 sold; 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sold; 1980 Kawasaki Z500 sold; 1967 BSA Bantam D10; 2008 Aprilia Shiver sold; 2010 KTM Duke 690R; 1954 BSA Bantam; 1980ish Kawasaki Z200

Buckinghamshire, UK

User avatar
Iand
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: My bantam Scrambler Project

Unread post by Iand » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Today I knocked up a little bracket / torque arm which ties up from the bantam fork to the Honda brake, need to get i tacked up at work tomorrow to see if it works. Imager it will but you never know!

Oh and I need to get myself some new hacksaw blades, mine is fecked, if have done aswell with a butter knife! More stuff to be blagged from work then!

Does anyone know if an early 19" rear wheel can be fitted to a D10 currently fitted with the original fitment 18" rear wheel.
1960 lambretta Li125 sold; 2001 Honda CG125 sold; 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sold; 1980 Kawasaki Z500 sold; 1967 BSA Bantam D10; 2008 Aprilia Shiver sold; 2010 KTM Duke 690R; 1954 BSA Bantam; 1980ish Kawasaki Z200

Buckinghamshire, UK

User avatar
Iand
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: My bantam Scrambler Project

Unread post by Iand » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 pm

My trusty old bantam has had to have a rebuild, full total, every nut and bolt rebuild!

It started when I went for that ride to the Cotswolds a couple of months ago. She lost 1st and 2ng gears leaving me with just 3rd and 25 miles to get home.

I stripped the engine and found the reason why:

Image

It would appear I fitted the gear the wrong way round so it wasn't meshing properly.

Anyway couple of months on, she's been fully stripped, shot blasted and powder coated, I've just started rebuilding her in the evenings after work.

Here's the progress,

Image

Now has front forks fully fitted and subframe and rear shocks on too.

I've been polishing the tank today, fitting the pin stripes and badges,

Image

Along way to go yet, including rebuilding the engine,

Wish me luck!

IanD
1960 lambretta Li125 sold; 2001 Honda CG125 sold; 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sold; 1980 Kawasaki Z500 sold; 1967 BSA Bantam D10; 2008 Aprilia Shiver sold; 2010 KTM Duke 690R; 1954 BSA Bantam; 1980ish Kawasaki Z200

Buckinghamshire, UK

Post Reply