Bugger, bugger and thrice bugger!!

Post updates of classic projects here.
hondapartsman

Re: Bugger, bugger and thrice bugger!!

Unread post by hondapartsman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 am

johnr wrote:take the rear shocks off, then you can lift the wheel or lower it to allow the spindle to come out, leaving the silencers undisturbed.
That's what could be called lateral thinking, or common sense.
Exhaust have been obsolete for ages, no ideas there. Except that there is a place that can make copies, or was, I just can't remember who it is and it's on my favourites on my work computer and goodness knows when I'll get to that again. If it's still there, apparently my chair has been nicked, and it was one of the best one's there. Is nothing sacred.
I'm pleased to note that someone of e-bay is now doing silencers and downpipes like the originals on my CB250RS, I am so tempted, if only I could find the £300.00 or so to get them, right now though I don't think that would go down well with my darling wife.
My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/63994217@N08/
I'm like my regular ride, old battered and bit leaky, but still going.
http://notabikeramotorcyclist.weebly.com/

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:19 pm

hondapartsman wrote:
johnr wrote:take the rear shocks off, then you can lift the wheel or lower it to allow the spindle to come out, leaving the silencers undisturbed.
That's what could be called lateral thinking, or common sense.
I have to do the same on my Pan. Since welding the exhaust joint up when it snapped I can't get the rear calliper off any other way.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 pm

Bike is now on my bench. Already found hondas wonderful breather drain. What you do is have a crankcase rebreather going in the air filter, with a drain pipe off it for condensation. Then you plug the end of the pipe, the owner forgets/doesn't know, so the water backs up and ends up filling the engine again. Doesn't look too bad so far, bit mayonaissy in the top end but should be OK. Seems to still be running its original 20+ year old air filter!

Now, anyone got a rough idea of the service life of the camchain? It's a hyvo one, on 27K miles.