Pre-war BSA handlebar grips

Discuss really, really old bikes here.
srob

Pre-war BSA handlebar grips

Unread post by srob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi, does anyone know where to get the barrel style BSA handlebar grips?

They're 5 inches long and 1 inch I/D. Because it has advance/retard on the left bar, ideally we need two twist grip style as a pair, and have the BSA logo, or AMAL apparently.

Anyone have any ideas of where they may be available? We've tried Dragonfly to no avail.

Cheers :)

DAVE M2

Re: Pre-war BSA handlebar grips

Unread post by DAVE M2 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 pm

this probably isn't much help but there's a bloke......

he makes all sorts of rubber parts for bikes and I think he uses his name as the company name.

I'll do a search to see if I can find him. His name came up on this site a year or so, so you could search for kneepads/handlebar rubbers
footrest and see what comes up

DAVE M2

Unread post by DAVE M2 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Jeff hunter engineering

can't find a website

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 pm

I've found some details http://www.nortonownersclub.org/cgi-bin ... .pl?d=1100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But looking at the google results, it seems some people aren't 100% happy at the speed of service etc.
Classics ain't built in Metric

srob

Unread post by srob » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am

Cheers for the replies.

I actually emailed a company that advertises 1920s grips and bits and pieces and asked if they did them, or if they knew anyone that did. No reply. I'm seriously questioning whether this 'recession' is real, that's four companies I've emailed in the last couple of weeks asking for something (one was to get a quote to have a crash helmet painted, other two were asking for quotes to buy a new trailer) and not one reply. Well, I called the helmet painting people to check they'd received the email after getting a bit paranoid they weren't sending or something, they said they had but that's the last I heard from them.

I assume their business' are so healthy and their order books so full they don't need my money!

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:46 pm

I hate companies like that, why on earth do they make it hard work to spend money with them?

srob

Unread post by srob » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:53 pm

I know, it's frustrating. Obviously the easiest answer is to ring them and chase it up, but to be honest I'm not sure I want to chase someone to spend my money with them!

Hooli

Unread post by Hooli » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Were in the middle of getting quotes for lots of work on the place we're buying, seems lots of local companies don't want several grands worth of work... :roll: