Old Family Photos

Discuss really, really old bikes here.
mikeC

Old Family Photos

Unread post by mikeC » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Confession time: I'm not a 'bike man, although I do appreciate any form of old transport. However, my grandfather was a great motorcyclist, and there are quite a few photographs of his old machines in the family albums; some I can identify, some I can't.

For starters,can anyone identify CL 4610? These photos date from, I think, about 1921, so presumably the 'bike is probably pre Great War; any help in identification will be much appreciated.

These two photos I can identify; the 'bike is an Alldays & Onions, and since the little girl is my mother, I can confidently date these pictures to the summer of 1917:

More to follow...

Hooli

Re: Old Family Photos

Unread post by Hooli » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:00 pm

I never knew Alldays made bikes. I know of one of their cars, it's got a huge thread over on Difflock.com.
Classics ain't built in Metric

mikeC

Re: Old Family Photos

Unread post by mikeC » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Some more photos:

This is my grandfather riding a Scott in 1921, reputedly a hillclimb at Ringlands near Norwich.

This is my Great Uncle Stan on a 1921 ABC; this bike was in the family (Uncle Stan, then my Grandfather, then my father, and finally my brother) from 1928 until a few years ago, when my brother realised he was never going to restore it.

It has now been restored by the new owner, and here is my brother trying it out:

And now a group shot, probably also dating from 1921, showing my Grandfather (centre) with his two brothers , his wife and an unidentified young lady on their 'bikes:

More to come!