Seeley Suzuki - 1st Race entered

All about going very, very fast.
Zunspec

Seeley Suzuki - 1st Race entered

Unread post by Zunspec » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 am

After a rather longer period than first anticipated the Seeley is entered in the 500 Air Cooled class (8.d) at the CRMC meeting at Snetterton on the 21/22 Sept. Two 6 lappers on the Sat. and a 9 lap "Race of the Year" on the Sun. If you pop along don't laugh too much at the old fat bastard riding #3 :D .

Taking my SV1000S out on a track day at Castle Coombe today to try and re-educate the brain to going round in circles again.

Cheers Geoff

NeilD

Re: Seeley Suzuki - 1st Race entered

Unread post by NeilD » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm

have fun! we're not around otherwise i'd have popped down for a look...

I'm booked on a parade session at the VMCC/BHR round at Cadwell the following weekend on the Guzzi.. :shock: hopefully i can manage more than 1 lap in the 15 mins!

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Good luck Zun - let us know how you do - main thing is that you don't fall off

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks Neil/SD,

Falling off is definitely not on the agenda, finishing (hopefully on the same lap as the winner) is the 1st objective. I had a good time on the SV at Castle Coombe although the amount of track time worked out at near £5 a lap :lol: . All good experience and I now have an impressively scrubbed rear tyre.

Cheers Geoff

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Well, here we go. Car loaded to the gunwales, bike ready (fingers crossed) and off to sunny Snetterton bright and early tomorrow.

Cheers Geoff

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 am

Looking good Zun. Don't fall off or break anything.

"Can I have a go? Please mister?"

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Evening all,

Qualified last, not too surprising considering the bike hadn't ever turned a wheel and I was checking it out (not to mention the rider also getting his head around being on track after 30+ years). Then put a hole through the right hand piston after 4 laps of race 1. Up until that point the bike seemed to be going fine, much faster than the rider certainly. The Seeley chassis was a delight, the Maxton forks giving some chatter under braking (which never rose to full-on stopping, some work to do on set-up). I did at least drop 14 seconds on Qualifying time before the engine said "sod this" so progress made in a small respect.

So, things to do:
1. Lose 4 st. in weight and get in some exercise (cheap to do)
2. Get in a bunch of practice (££££)
3. Re-build the engine (I think a crank seal went because the LH plug colour seemed OK so not drastically under jetted) (£££££££)

Had a great weekend apart from my race performance, but with application I may rise to a midfield runner, even at my decrepit age. The bike and build gathered some appreciative interest and went through scrutineering with out comment which personally was very pleasing.

You can certainly have a go SD, got to be faster than I was this weekend :D :D :D

Team Zunspec Race HQ Snetterton 2013

DAM

Unread post by DAM » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 am

Zunspec wrote:You can certainly have a go SD, got to be faster than I was this weekend :D :D :D
In single or twin form :?:

Glad you enjoyed it anyway,

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 am

You cheeky bugger, DAM :D

Actually when it was initially going well it felt bloody fast, I had trouble holding onto the bars. I learnt a lot this weekend both about the bike and rider so definitely looking forward to getting to grips with it all. I do love solving technical problems so am well motivated.

Cheers Geoff

scotduke

Unread post by scotduke » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I only weigh 75kg (can't remember what that is in old money) so I'm not that heavy. But I'm not that bonkers Zun. Still wouldn't mind having a shot tho.