What did you do Today

Talk about anything that doesn't relate to other sections here. Play nicely :)

Hooli

Re: What did you do Today

Unread postby Hooli » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Ordered the chain n sprockets for my 14 today, that should be the last bit needed for the MOT. Except for fork oil that I plan to get on the way home as I should get the front end rebuilt this weekend.
Classics ain't built in Metric

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Almost done the 14 now, it needs about one more day's work. Just chain n sprockets, balance throttles & grease the swing arm pivot to go.

Just awaiting my battery returning from being borrowed to take other bikes for MOTs.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 pm

It's sunny now, hope you've all got your steeds out & enjoying it?

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:17 am

14 fixed & a quick test ride today ended up being 207miles long. I've missed having a bike on the road!

I can't believe how good the front end is now, it never felt bad to me before but now it's like a different bike. Stable, pointy & totally ignores any bumps.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Beginning to think my 14 is under delusions of being a classic.

I got a puncture in the rear thursday, so took the wheel out to get it fixed. Both mounting holes for the rear calliper stripped when undone, so I've had to fit thread inserts. Then when I put it all back together a bleed nipple snapped off! Now awaiting another in the post after drilling it out & having to fit a thread insert there too.

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 pm

My gawd it's hot. 112k service & replaced a leaking oil cooler pipe yesterday, to damn hot to ride it though.

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 am

Just finished fitting a chain and sprocket set and new pads to my 07 Bonnie.
One of the chain adjusters was seized solid and as its only a small bolthead it inevitably stripped. Once out, I ran a tap through the threads on the swingarm and I could almost turn it by hand so who knows the issue there.
Anyway up to the new Triumph Glasgow to pick up my two adjuster bolts and whilst waiting I was looking at a new Thruxton. The salesman spots an opportunity and starts his patter. I could feel my will power wane. Just in time the parts guy comes out with my bolts. I left the shop £11 poorer instead of the almost £12k so result all round (well all round for me anyway).
I did spend the next few days scouring ebay for Thruxtons tho' but thankfully the urge has worn off a bit now

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Yesterday I got told my offer on a new house has been accepted, I managed to find a mortgage too after two 'professional mortgage advisers' failed. New place is smaller, cheaper, worse area but has a decent enough garage so I can finally rebuild Stroppy.

Just need to chase down the ex Mrs Hooli to get her to sign the damn paperwork to take over the mortgage here & I get my life back.

jimmy

Unread postby jimmy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Does that mean you have to get the "Aka. Mr Vicky", and what about the dugs

Hooli

Unread postby Hooli » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:39 pm

That's a point, I must update my signature.

As for the dog (only one left) I'm not sure yet. She is her dog, but as I've looked after her for the last nine months I might end up with her as I don't think she's got time. I don't mind, she's a lovely mutt.

Return to “General Banter”